Sunday, May 1, 2011

Just a Matter of Time

As my graduation date draws near with a degree in journalism and minors in history and communications, I feel like there are a myriad of things that I will be taking with me as I leave the University of Northern Colorado.

The journalism field continues to move into the online realm. I feel the journalism program has prepared me when it comes to working with computers and the various programs associated with this profession. During my four years in the journalism program at UNC, I am exceedingly pleased with the education I received.

If I were to provide guidance to future students in the program, I would suggest taking more multimedia classes and to pay close attention during lessons about interviewing. All aspects of the program are designed to have the student succeed and to prepare them for a life after college. There have been times when my writing was fantastic and other times when it has been sloppy. This is something I will continue to strive for and become more consistent with.

As sad as I am to leave UNC, I am also excited to begin the next step of my life, career and academia. Ideally, my perfect job would incorporate writing of some sort, it does not have to be for a newspaper, but if I am able to include my love into my future career then I know I will have succeeded with my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment